Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Haircut and Literacy

I needed a haircut because I haven't got my haircut since I've been back from Europe and I've always heard good things about the Aveda Institute in Cincinnati so I decided to try the Chicago location out. Its pretty cool because students cut your hair (of course their instructors check up on them).
I didn't get anything too crazy done, I just basically just got my ends and layers cleaned up but the best part was the my stylist, Alyson, was very Cincinnati (Anderson- to be exact) and she was real cool. She graduated from DAAP and decided that she wanted to do more hair and makeup kinda stuff at fashion shoots so started the program at Aveda. She gave me a lot of advice on hair and products-so it was real fun.

Today, J and I went to the volunteer dinner at Open Books. Its a real cool place that promotes literacy throughout Chicago. I signed up for a couple of events and J signed up for one, but it was still a lot of fun to get out of the house and do something different.



Now I'm watching MTV, Pageant Place, and Miss USA is wearing the same earrings that I have. pretty cool

1 comment:

Joe Hamrick said...

Hi Pam,

It is great being able to keep up with your adventures is Chicago. It's just like being there! (well, almost.) The Open Book sounds like a great place. They are lucky to have you and J helping them out.

-Joe